Welcome to the Original Shanty Tube Shack!
The original Shanty Tubes was a single A-framed tube shack. Over the last 18 years we have grown to be the Shanty River Center, offering everything you need for Tubing the Guadalupe River and Rafting in the New Braunfels area.
- Shanty Tubes 1 -Original location offers tube, kayak and raft rentals
- The Shanty Tiki Bar, “Shantiki”, and Shanty Salsa Kitchen located at Shanty 1.
- Shanty Tubes 2- 2nd Location offers tube, raft and kayak rentals, campgrounds, and shanty shacks
The Guadalupe River is controlled by the Core of Engineers. Water Conditions can be changed on a daily basis. Please see the Stream Flow link to access information on the current water flow for the river.
This link is a valuable tool for checking water conditions that directly affect the length of time it will take while tubing the Guadalupe River. By checking this link, you can then click on our “Trips” page, and tables to help you choose which tubing trip will suit your time and needs the most.
Shanty River Center, Home of the Original Shanty Tubes Shanty 2
We are also the 1st outfitter to offer Shuttle Service to and from designated River Access Areas, making your Tubing Guadalupe River Trip even better!
The Shanty River Center, is located on the Beautiful Guadalupe River, in Canyon Lake Texas. We offer Tube, Raft and Kayak rentals from 2 locations, centralized on the famous “Horseshoe” portion of the Guadalupe River. Our Shanty Customers can enjoy tubing, rafting, & kayaking. We offer a variety of river trips to choose from making tubing the Guadalupe River the adventure you are looking for…
Come to the Shanty River Center and enjoy a day tubing Guadalupe River.
Here at the Shanty River Center, we are to provide you with the best experience while tubing the Guadalupe River. Here are many services of the services that we provide to our Shanty Customers.
- Tube, Raft & Kayak Rentals
- Shuttle Service to entry point, 1st Horseshoe bridge, and from our exit point, 4th crossing bridge
- Plenty of parking; Parking free with tube rental
- Shuttle Service from and to numerous Local Resorts (with prior arrangements)
- Charter Bus Service by reservation, for groups traveling from Austin, San Antonio, New Braunfels, and surrounding areas. Group packages are designed for your special event.
- The “Latest” Tube Trips available in this area. You can take an evening float on “Concert Nights, to enjoy the live music while tubing the Guadalupe River.
- The best discounts for Military & College ID holders.
- Camping Grounds – We have public Restrooms and Showers for both of our Camping Locations.
- Individual Shanty Shacks – Basic, with electricity and A/C, and a Full Sized Bed.
- Shanty Tiki Bar – Service Beer & Wine in an open air Tiki decor.
- Shanty Salsa Kitchen offers appetizers, burgers, tacos and more.
- ATM services
- Everything you need for Kayaking Guadalupe River with Shanty Tubes
The Guadalupe River
The famous and beautiful Guadalupe River in Canyon Lake, Texas is a paradise in the middle of the Texas Hill Country. This little slice of heaven is a wonderful place to visit and discover the Hill Country and enjoy the scenery that Texas has to offer.
Canyon Lake, Texas is centrally located between Austin and San Antonio, just minutes from New Braunfels, Gruene, Bulverde, and Spring Branch. On the rim of the beautiful Texas Hill Country, Canyon Lake has a shoreline of 80 miles, and miles of cool, gentle waters on the Guadalupe River.
Canyon Lake is known as the Water Recreation Capital of Texas. Canyon Lake welcomes the Upper Guadalupe River from the west while the Canyon Lake Dam provides the controlled release of cool waters to the Lower Guadalupe River. The most popular section of the Guadalupe River runs between Canyon Lake and New Braunfels. This scenic stretch of the Guadalupe is home to our Shanty River Center and the best tubing the Guadalupe River
The Guadalupe River is controlled by the Core of Engineers: Water Conditions can be changed on a daily basis. Please see the link on the right side bar to access information on the current water flow for the river. This link is a valuable tool for checking water conditions that directly affect the length of time it will take while tubing the Guadalupe River. By checking this link, you can then click on our “Trips” page, and tables to help you choose which tubing trip will suit your time and needs the most.
Tubing Guadalupe River or Rafting & Kayaking in New Braunfels and Canyon Lake is a great way to enjoy the great outdoors. You can enjoying the natural beauty of the beautiful Guadalupe River, while beating the heat.
Please join us for a day of fun in the sun while tubing the Guadalupe River.